Thursday, December 11, 2008

My first Figs Tree

It might be a bit late but: عيدكم مبارك
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My mom got me my first Figs tree. I got so excited. Figs are my favourite fruit. I wonder if it will grow any good figs.




Any idea how long it would take? Doesn't matter. It looks good even with no figs, the leaves are beautiful.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A few days back, my daughter celebrated her 12th birthday. I don't believe how grown up she is. She didn't want me to be around. She said it's a friends' gathering, no moms. :(






Not that I wanted to be there all the time, but I wanted to share some of these moments with her. (She thinks I'm too old for this).




-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Winter recommendations: 2 amazing books I read recently (Thank you Shurouq for الطين):

11 Comments:

At 12/11/2008 6:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The picture of the garden looks so good. Do you think it'll actually give us good figs?
Maybe you should learn how to make jam :)
Nunu is growning too fast :( I don't like this.

 
At 12/11/2008 8:26 PM, Blogger ValenciaLover said...

hanan

I don't want to learn how to make jam. i can practise eating the the jam that Alia makes. She should learn how to make figs jam.
Nunu... I don't like that too.

 
At 12/11/2008 9:28 PM, Blogger Shurouq said...

I'm not big on figs, but the tree looks beautiful indeed.

Nunu has grown faster than she should :(

 
At 12/11/2008 9:30 PM, Blogger Shurouq said...

Oh and Rabee3 Jaber's book was my recommendation too.. I demand two thank yous :P

 
At 12/13/2008 3:27 PM, Blogger ValenciaLover said...

Shurouq
2 Thank yous :*

 
At 12/18/2008 11:34 AM, Blogger Alia said...

جم تدفعين حق المربى؟

ما شفت شجرة التين .. تدرين حوشي اكبر وفيه ديرفة خضراء .. بس ممنوع الزيارة إلا بموعد مسبق
:P

 
At 12/18/2008 7:04 PM, Blogger ValenciaLover said...

Alia

المربى لك حق تطلبين السعر اللي تبينه

بس حوشنا الحين أحلى من بلكونتكم
فيه شجرتي
وبعدين ديرفتكم خضرا بس ديرفتنا كل أسبوع لها لون
مو أمي ما تثبت على خام واحد كل يوم والثاني مبدلتها

& it's getting too cold to sit outside anyway

 
At 12/22/2008 8:22 PM, Blogger Alia said...

بس بلكونتنا فيها بيدو
:P

 
At 1/21/2009 10:32 AM, Blogger PASTURKEY said...

if u want visit to my blog.cs yesterday my birthday prepared cookie fr my visitor.here you are from there.nice to meet you...share my blog...the other middle east blogger.cs i want to see yours.my visitors usualy from usa.suport my blog.lets middle east.my blog need yours for comment......happy days,happy birthday.by the way i like figs desert w,th hazelnut.turkish desert.....

 
At 1/21/2009 10:43 AM, Blogger PASTURKEY said...

they are discovered my blog.but i didnt see my live traffic feed your flag....walla.

 
At 2/16/2010 1:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice post. I would love to follow you on twitter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home