Wednesday, November 02, 2005

My 35th Birthday

Yesterday was my birthday. I'm 35 years old. I do not have those ugly feelings of growing old. But i realized that i didn't get my Masters degree yet. I was supposed to do so a long time ago, but i guess i've always been so lazy. Why? I always have reasons to come up with. When i first went to Scotland to get my University degree, I had a 9 months old daughter, and i did it. With all the troubles i had in my life, all the difficulties, and all the long lonely nights with a crying baby. I guess it was part of my stubborness. Some people who knew me kept telling me I might not be able to do it and that I'll get back to Kuwait after a short while. Well, maybe they did a good job letting me go, YO PEOPLE, GET LOST I CAN MAKE IT. Now I'm 35 and my daughter is almost 9. Is it too hard to get the Masters degree? Can I get rid of my lazyness? Am I prepared financially to do it? since I'm not sure if I can still take it through our Ministry of Higher Education. I lost my trust in them since they made me study one extra year after my BsC in science. I took the Honours degree when they told me that this would make elligible to get a scholarship for my Masters. Nonesence. I don't regret taking that extra year though. I loved Scotland and made good friends there. Studying Physics was not that bad also. but hey, I really want to do the Masters now.
Apart from this, I had a great birthday and was surrounded with my beloved family & friends all day long. At night we went to Khaimat Marina and had our (Ghabga) with the Eastern band. They were singing AbdelHaleem's (3o'balak youm meeladk) and i was swaying with the music and almost dancing (If you call the crab I did dancing). See? I'm still young and healthy and still can dance ;)
To you guys who were always there for me: Thank you and wish you all the best always...
(Sisters, Alia, Nida... I love you sooo much)

6 Comments:

At 11/03/2005 9:41 PM, Blogger Alia said...

Glad that you had fun ..
& we love you too

About that masters degree you wanna have .. i too have the same idea these days .. but i'm "too" too lazy to it, don't know if i can get back to studying and so, & Mester Degrees in Kuwait University doesn't include my major (since i can't leave Kuwait & my family/friends and go study abroad)... so i think that your problem is much mucg easier .. YES YOU CAN DO IT GIRL.

 
At 11/08/2005 3:50 PM, Blogger ValenciaLover said...

Alia, let us kick our fears away and really start working on it, huh? let us push eachother to do our masters, YOU CAN DO IT TOO.

 
At 11/12/2005 1:42 PM, Blogger Eva said...

Scorpios Rocks
Scopios can do what they wana do ; )


happy belated birthday : )

 
At 11/16/2005 6:34 PM, Blogger ValenciaLover said...

Thank you eva, and welcome to my blog

 
At 2/23/2007 12:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... » » »

 
At 3/01/2007 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... Cum dranking hard core fucking teenage milfs No cost refinancing us training in sap for programmers in microsoft development Cool car stearing wheel cover Moels give blowjobs Cpu funcionamento Dental technical school Cell phone or landline spa day spa laser hair removal seattle washington Ritalin on horses

 

Post a Comment

<< Home